SUBMIT YOUR SITE TO TOP 50 SEARCH ENGINES FREE

SEARCH THE WEBS NOW

Custom Search

Saturday, May 22, 2010

You are Immortal

Is there Life After Death?A few years ago I lived in London, Uk. My father got ill and was pronounced terminal. He was relatively alone in the country as he was divorced from my mother for about 15 years then and usually lived in Rome. I decided to stay in the hospital as it really didn't feel right for anyone to die alone.

After a few days, the doctors thought he would pass on in about a week or so. That night I could not sleep and went to the waiting room to have a break, around 4 am in the morning. Some voice kept telling me to go back to him and I did.

Sure enough, he was ready to go. I sat close with my treasured father and spoke to him about death and letting go, soft music played in the background as the candles I put up burned. It was beautiful, he died at peace and in company. Well, within a minute the phone by his bed rang, I nearly jumped out of my skin. It was 4.45am. My mother was on the end of the line.

She said, "Hello sweetheart, David and I will come and get you now."

I asked why and she replied, "Your father is dead, he woke me up to say goodbye and the sun shone straight in the room!"

How could the sunshine at 4.45am, in England in Winter? How on earth did my father wake her up? My mother never did know about life after death till then, and she was as shocked as any cynic could be. By Alexandra P. Brown
Published: 8/25/2001

No comments: